Monday 12 September 2011

Travelling

I recently went travelling with 3 friends around Indonesia; first stop Singapore, then Yogyakarta, Bali, Lombok and the Gilli Islands. Only.. I didn't quite make it to Lombok or the Gilli Islands. I returned home early because I wasn't enjoying myself as much as I should have been for the amount of money I was spending. I don't and won't regret this decision; I don't make them lightly. I do understand that I was in a very privileged position and that lots of people would have killed to have gone in my place, but if I had stayed, I would have been lying to myself and I don't live my life by keeping myself miserable. I know it's hard to understand if you don't have the same thought pattern as me, sorry.  Here are a few of the beautiful things I got to see though;
Incense burning outside a Buddhist temple

The Temple
Offering at the temple
orchid garden on the roof of the temple

views from the zoo
fox dog
sleeping lions
zoo stamp
mosquito bites
first ever visa
Volcano from the plane
Prambanan temple
Temple at sunset
Parangtritis
Sunrise from the top of a mountain
sunrise and moon
Dani and I, sunrise
Mount Bromo
Sunset at Kuta
Day at the beach, Bali
I got to Bungy
I landed safely
beautiful sand
temple
offering pot
mummy and baby
sunset at the temple
another temple
Hindu this time
eroded by the sea
beautiful though.

I don't regret my trip, and I wouldn't change it for anything, but I have learnt a lot about myself which has made me reconsider my life plan. Brilliant. A bit of change has never killed anyone though has it?


No comments:

Post a Comment