Sunday 13 May 2012

carrot and CHILI

I had a large bag of carrots that were going funny colours and growing fur coats, so I decided to make carrot soup. I love carrot soup, my favourite is fragrant thai carrot. So I searched for a recipe and seen as I don't have any coriander/actually like the stuff, I looked for something different. I decided to use this recipe, but I made tonnes of changes.


I followed the recipe up until I asked my housemate Alyna let me use her 'curry powder' and then realised we got mixed up and I'd put 3/4 of a tablespoon of CHILI POWDER in my soup :(
So from there on out, I decided I needed to add a few things in to make it a bit more like a curry. I added ground coriander, ground ginger, ground cumin, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cardamon pods, tumeric.. things along those lines.

cut/fry carrots

add tumeric

add CURRY not CHILI powder as I did

Mix it up, add in the extra spices I mentioned

Let it boil for a while

Try a bit - wow hot.

Mash up

Add some cream and see if it makes it more manageable

Buy some coconut milk to add

Stir it all in. 

now it is lovely! It is still too hot but it's more dealable now and the flavours are just lovely :) not the biggest fail luckily! I'm going to have it with some naan for dinner, mm mm.




2 comments:

  1. I think you should have thrown the carrots away you poor student!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I didn't touch those furry ones, there were others that weren't so bad! x

      Delete