No, I didn't want the book Carrie had in SATC, dreamily I'd like to find something at a car boot sale or our little local market at the usual book stall we browse. I'd like a book of love poems, they don't have to be written all by men, they just have to say something to me, just like Walt Whitman does.
I SAW IN LOUISIANA A LIVE-OAK GROWING
by: Walt Whitman (1819-1892)
- SAW in Louisiana a live-oak growing,
- All alone stood it, and the moss hung down from the branches;
- Without any companion it grew there, uttering joyous leaves of dark green,
- And its look, rude, unbending, lusty, made me think of myself;
- But I wonder'd how it could utter joyous leaves, standing alone there, without its friend, its lover near--for I knew I could not;
- And broke off a twig with a certain number of leaves upon it, and twined around it a little moss,
- And brought it away--and I have placed it in sight in my room;
- It is not needed to remind me as of my own dear friends,
- (For I believe lately I think of little else than them:)
- Yet it remains to me a curious token--it makes me think of manly love;
- For all that, and though the live-oak glistens there in Louisiana, solitary, in a wide flat space,
- Uttering joyous leaves all its life, without a friend, a lover, near,
- I know very well I could not.
I've browsed Amazon and eBay, but I'm just not feeling anything they can offer me at the moment. I think it's partly in the finding not just the having :) until then, this sweet little website will do.