Saturday 26 January 2013

Busy Bee

Sorry I haven't had anything interesting to post to you in the past few days, I have been busy with a job interview, dissertation meetings, lectures and the like. I don't know if you feel the same, but once my week gets to Wednesday I seem to get crazy busy and have far too many things to do in too little time!

You may be pleased to know that I got the job, yippee! so I'll be doing campus tours for post-graduate students at my university :) it's really easy but I like sharing my experiences and encouraging others to choose here too.

Michael, the young fellow I talk about a lot, is in the Army and he's deploying to Afghanistan in March, so on Thursday night we (Theana and I) were invited to a pre-deployment information evening. It was really helpful to find out specific details about his tour and ask all the questions I had. I'm impressed with the army; they have many contact details for welfare professionals and put on lots of events to make sure that whoever's left behind isn't isolated, lonely and worried - they really try and make a community. Which must be essential for army wives who have young children and limited family. I'm also really impressed with all the ways I can get it touch with him whilst he's out there, it makes it a little less daunting. I've got a couple of DVD's to watch in regard to his deployment so they should be fun :p
he's the one that's kinda third from the left

I also wanted to share this song with you, as it's one of my new faves (I've been looking for it for a while, and I think I found it on someone's website the other day.. I love it when that happens!)



2 comments: