Wednesday 5 June 2013

day 5 - a time you considered ending your own life

I haven't. certainly not in the suicidal sense. I know that I've been hurt so bad that I thought dying would probably be easier, but I never wanted to die. I've never wanted to die. I love life, I love that everything is different and there are so many different things to explore, learn and do. I would be far more unhappy to end my life than to stick through a really rough patch.

I'm not saying other people who feel those things can't make it through a bad patch - I've not been through things some people have, and I'm a different person who handles things differently anyways. And I'm also not saying I don't understand people who have depression, I know a lot of people with depression and I understand (as well as can be without having it myself), but I am just not inclined that way. Perhaps I have a predisposition to optimism (too much dissertation coming through now).

I have to admit that I find this to be a little bit of a peculiar prompt. I know we're supposed to be getting deep in our posts, but it's day 5 and that would be a heavy topic if somebody had something they felt like they should discuss. Perhaps I'm thinking too much, but I hope everyone only discuss' what they're comfortable sharing.

4 comments:

  1. you do seem to have a predisposition for optimism
    yea, there is just so much to live for, suicide is not the way :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I unfortunately do have a predisposition for optimism, which is usually great, but in and out when something hits me particularly hard it's like it came from nowhere.

      Delete
  2. wow deep prompt on day 5, I am glad you do seem to be a positive person...you have a sun in your banner...doesn't that say all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am an optimistic person. And am hoping we have lighter more fun prompts...Drugs, Alcohol, Religion and Suicide....geeshhhhhhhh
    Sandy's Space Suicide Post

    ReplyDelete