1 tablespoon of mustard (any you have in, I chose English)
1 tablespoon of creme fraiche
a good handful of spinach (or mixed salad greens as I use)
Cheese (of your choice) about three slices crumbled/grated.
2 slices of bacon per ramekin
- Precook the bacon
- Preheat oven 180 degrees. wilt spinach in a pan (with a little butter if you like, I did),
- whilst this is happening, crack your eggs into a cup and stir to scramble
- take it off the heat and stir in the creme fraiche and mustard.
- Some people line their ramekins with butter or spray, I didn't and it was fine but you can if you like
- once the greens mix has cooled, add the eggs to the pan (not to cook, just to mix so make sure it's off the heat), and season
- add most of the grated cheese to the mix, and stir it alllllll up.
- pour it into the ramekin, top with cheese
- make a ban marie (get a roasting dish, fill it up with water so that half of the ramekin is submerged - this means it'll cook more evenly) and pop into the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- test if it's ready by sticking a knife in and seeing if the mixture pours out.
If you make it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! It's definitely been added to my list of favourites. Other additions I was considering: no bacon or little pieces of bacon cut up in it (cooked prior though) or ham, or smoked salmon!