Thursday 2 May 2013

Blog everyday in May



So, I've started something. Jenni is encouraging bloggers to get back to the basics of blogging, and post everyday with her little prompts. It's a great thing to do, and she's encouraging us all to link up so get involved! and let me know if you do :)

Since it started yesterday I'm gona have to buddy up two posts!

01/5/13 - The story of your life so far
I was born to two lovely parentals whom I love very much, I have a sister (who is like a second mother and a best friend), and tonnes of relatives who I also love very much, especially my nan, granddad and grandma. I went to primary school (where I met Michael, and had to walk up a huge hill everyday!) and secondary school (a very early morning and two buses later..). During secondary school my parents got divorced, I got 11 GCSE's and 3 A Levels, then I went to the University of Leeds and completed a BA(Hons) in Social work where I graduated with a 2:1 and met some of my best friends (Theana, Harriet, Grace, Kate). I'm now currently undertaking a masters degree in disability studies where I've had the opportunity to meet more super friends (Rosi, Helen). My sister got married, got a mortgage and had a baby, Isabelle, so I'm now an aunt too (I am also super proud of her, and love my brother-in-law). My boyfriend is my best friend, and it's new and peculiar, because he's always been my best friend and only now he's my boyfriend, which is actually very nice. I like to spend my days making pretty things, helping people and making a difference.

(I find it interesting how the main thing I based 'my life so far' on was education. and that I can't really see how to change it into something else).

2/5/13 - Educate us on something you're good at
I am good at being considerate, thoughtful and empathetic. I remember little things about people, and if you mention something in passing I am likely to remember it and ask you how it went at a later date. I know how little things others do for me really brightens my day, so I like to do it back to other people too. I also know how someone else's attitude or opinions can hurt me, so I try to think through things fully first to ensure I don't, or if it can't be helped, I try to limit the damage.

Ooh I don't know if I'm going to like this. I do not like coming across big headed or self-obsessed in any way.. I hope it doesn't seem like that now!


4 comments:

  1. The English school system fascinated me. I vised once when I was 12 and I was shocked that everything wasn't like Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely know what you mean, when I heard about Ireland/Scotland doing things differently my mind was blown, let alone a whole different country!

      Delete
  2. Wohoo I am doing this challenge as well, such a great idea!
    Also I think it's so great that you try to remember stuff that goes on in other people's lives, I wish more people could do that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy! I'd like to learn more about you (in the least creepy way possible ha). Thanks :)

      Delete